The Cat Shack is only as good as its volunteers --- and we think ours are the best! With the dedicated assistance of our volunteers, The Cat Shack is able to maintain the high quality of care our cats and kittens deserve. Volunteers and donations help to continue life saving work through innovative programs and services to the community. If you love cats and would like to make a difference in their lives, we would love for you to join our team!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Foster Parent: Provide temporary homes for abandoned and homeless cats/kittens.
- PetSmart Adoption Center: Help with maintaining and cleaning our adoption center at PetSmart in Whitehall. Volunteers needed to clean in the morning and evening, seven days a week. This includes socializing and playing with the cats and kittens.
- Application Processor: Contact potential adopters, call references, call veterinary reference, make home visits, and coordinate adoption between foster parent and potential adopter.
- Fundraising: Assist with planning and participation of fundraising events.
- Transporter: Transport animals to and from veterinary appointments, adoption events and adoption center.
- Hotline: Answer The Cat Shack phone lines, return calls, and deliver messages.
- Newsletter: Assist with writing, interviews, pictures, and layouts.
- Public Relations: Assist coordinating with the media, writing press releases, advertising, public speaking, etc.
- Senior Foster Program Perform monthly home visits, assist with "matching" fosters to cats, coordinate food/supply deliveries.